The Saints Summer Touch Rugby League has gone from strength to strength over the past few years and is now part of the fun and fitness calendar for many local clubs, businesses and organisations alike!
Following a week of seeding matches, the teams are divided up into leagues according to ability, before competing in round-robin matches to decide the overall champions.
What is Touch Rugby?
- A minimal contact sport
- Fun, friendly and safe way to enjoy the summer with your mates and a great way to meet new people
- Played by both men and women aged 16 and over
- Open to all skill levels
- The game emphasizes running, agility and ball handling skills such as passing and catching
- You play on a pitch half the size of a normal rugby field
- Teams consist of 6 players on the pitch at any one time with rolling substitutes
- The aim is to get more touch downs (tries) than the opposition
- This game is for everyone, social or serious, corporate or casual, amateur or professional
- Touch Rugby is easy to learn and a great way to get in shape
Local teams include COYS Touch Rugby
and Market Harborough