Club News Saints recruiting Lead Academy Physio
Northampton Saints RFC is seeking a Chartered Physiotherapist to join the club's Performance Department on a full-time basis.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the medical care of young players (12 - 20 years of age) in both training and competition settings. This significant role requires a focus on Long Term Athletic Development with the early identification of injury risk and the implementation of accurate prevention strategies being essential elements.
The physiotherapist will be experienced in the sporting environment and able to facilitate an optimal transition for young players into full-time rugby. The individual will also perform an active role within the Performance Department in the preparation of Senior Squad players for rugby.
- A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in Physiotherapy.
- Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP) and registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience in the provision of physiotherapy services in a high-performance setting. Should include extensive work with rugby players.
- Experience and understanding of principles of Long Term Athletic Development.
- Ability to integrate with and work closely within a multidisciplinary Performance team.
- Passionate about working with & assisting in the development of prospective young athletes.
- High professional standards and a commitment to continued professional development.
- Excellent communication abilities and strong independent and interdependent working styles.
- Prepared to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Northampton Saints is committed to the ongoing development of staff and the successful candidate will benefit from CPD allowance to support this end.
The successful candidate will need to attain the RFU Immediate Care in Sport qualification (ICIS) and also will be subject to an enhanced CRB check.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV with a covering letter (including current salary details) before May 30th, 2014, to:
Head of Medical
Northampton Saints RFC
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please assume that your application has not been successful if you haven't been contacted within two weeks of the closing date.