© Getty Images
Club News Marketing Internship - 2014/15 season
Northampton Saints is offering a rare internship opportunity in the busy marketing and communications department of an Aviva Premiership rugby club.
Working with the Head of Communications and other departments, the intern will play a role in the marketing and communications strategy of one of the UK’s biggest and best known professional rugby clubs, and the reigning Aviva Premiership champions.
Duties will include:
- Short-term projects around specific events or campaigns
- Market research and data analysis
- Working within guidelines, putting together options for marketing plans and presenting them to club management
- Will be working under instruction from management to put together marketing collateral
- Understanding of the principles of marketing essential, as are good copy writing skills (demonstrable)
This position is suitable for a recent graduate or student seeking a final year work placement with the ambition to work in professional sport or marketing in a high-pressure and successful environment.
This is a part-time, three-day a week role, with additional weekend and evening work during the rugby season (August-May). The intern will be paid £7 per hour. Training will be given.
- Good writing skills
- Competence with Microsoft Office and the internet
- Knowledge of social media and its effective use in marketing
- Knowledge of rugby
- Ability to work under pressure
- Full driving licence essential
To apply send a CV and cover letter to Chris Wearmouth, head of communications, at the following address:
Closing date – Friday, June 27th, 2014
Interviews will be held during week commencing Monday, June 30th. Only successful candidates will be notified.