Based at Samuel Whitbread Academy in Shefford, east Bedfordshire, the Rugby Coach will develop and deliver rugby within Bedfordshire East Multi Academy Trust (BEMAT), an alliance of schools in the Shefford and Biggleswade area.
This area is an important part of the Northampton Saints catchment region and the Rugby Coach will also work in conjunction with the club's award-winning Community department and Elite Player Development Group Manager.
The Coach will deliver national and local projects, plan and deliver the club's Premiership Rugby Camps in the area, and report to the Head of PE in establishing BEMAT as a centre of rugby excellence by delivering high quality coaching and team development within Samuel Whitbread Academy and its three feeder middle schools.
The Coach may also play a potential role in the club's talent identification pathway, working with the Elite Player Development Group Manager and developing links with junior clubs within east Bedfordshire.
- To plan and deliver a structured rugby programme throughout all the BEMAT schools - in games lessons and as extra-curricular sessions - and to run and develop two teams (one at Samuel Whitbread Academy and one combined team across three middle schools)
- Create unique development opportunities between the Saints and BEMAT, including the planning and delivery of the club's Premiership Rugby Camps within east Bedfordshire, and the delivery of national programmes within BEMAT schools
- To respond to support needs as directed by Head of PE and from time to time carry out such other duties and other responsibilities as agreed with the Head of PE. These may include open evenings, parent information evenings, induction days etc
- To support Trust initiatives and relationships
- Minimum Level 2 RFU coaching award and demonstrable experience of coaching within a range of environments and to a range of player abilities
- Current CRB check
- Demonstrable excellent communication skills for a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrable ability to work both collaboratively and on own initiative
- Demonstrable experience of working with a wide variety of partners and stakeholders, including sports clubs and national governing bodies
- Valid driving licence
NJC 4A Pts 21-24 (£19,126-£20,858 pa)
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.swcc.beds.sch.uk for more details of the application process. Closing date is midday, Friday, July 27th, 2012.