REPORTING TO: Head of Community
CLOSING DATE: Monday 22 August, 2022
CONTRACT TYPE: Full Time (Permanent)
BACKGROUND & REMIT:
Northampton Saints are looking for a highly motivated Women Rugby Pathway & Development Manager to join the Northampton Saints and Loughborough Lightning team.
This is an exciting new opportunity for a passionate individual to join us in an essential role responsible for building and developing the Women & Girls game across our region. You will establish and develop relationships with key stakeholders, and in partnership with our partner club for female rugby, Loughborough Lightning, build and implement a strategy to grow the Women & Girls game.
You will be required to develop and deliver upon programmes to promote participation at the grassroots level of the game, whilst overseeing development programmes to identify and nurture young aspiring players for the academy pathway, and help shape the landscape for the future of Women & Girls Rugby at Northampton Saints.
The successful candidate will have a sound understanding of the rugby landscape, and be passionate about the growth of female rugby. They should be able to evidence experience in developing and delivering on multiple projects and events, have the ability to self-manage, and demonstrate strong organization skills. They will require robust initiative and creative thinking to meet the high ambitions of the Women & Girls strategy, and will be required to travel across the region – specifically between Northampton and Loughborough as and when required.
- Develop and implement a club-wide strategy to grow the Women’s & Girls’ game.
- Coordinate and deliver our academy pathway, including the Centre of Excellence programme.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders in the Women’s & Girls’ game, including Loughborough Lightning, schools, rugby clubs, CB’s, and NGB’s.
- Design and deliver participation focussed programmes across our region to drive growth at the grassroots level.
- Develop and deliver a development pathway programme aligned with Loughborough Lightning, RFU, and CB’s, providing additional learning opportunities for aspiring young players.
- Maintain regular communication with counterparts at Loughborough Lightning to collaborate on strategy and programme / event delivery.
- Coordinate Girls-Only Rugby Camps in partnership with Loughborough Lightning.
- Report participant data at sessions to the central reporting system, as and when required.
- Coordinate specific Women & Girls events on matchdays.
- To maintain a sound knowledge of the clubs safeguarding policies, reporting procedures and process of communication.
- Minimum RFU England Rugby Coaching Award (Level 2).
- Experience in coaching a good level of rugby.
- Valid UK Driving Liscence.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Sound knowledge of the sports industry, with experience in rugby either as a player, coach, official, or volunteer.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to [email protected] before 5pm on Monday 22nd August stating “Women’s Rugby Pathway & Development Manager” in the subject field.