Northampton Saints can confirm that in light of the current situation, and in line with government guidance issued, the Club is postponing our current Community activities to mitigate the risk of passing on infection.
Our impact within the Community in Northamptonshire and beyond is extremely important to the Club, so this is not a decision that has been taken lightly.
We have placed the welfare of our own staff, local rugby clubs, schoolteachers, pupils, and their families at the forefront throughout and have had to be pragmatic and responsible with our thinking.
- All of our schools’ programmes – including Greggs Tackling Health, Project Rugby, Saints in the Schools, Redrow 7s, and our Wheelchair Rugby schools programme – have been postponed until further notice.
- All schools within our programmes have now been emailed with more information, and our Community Team will reach out again after the Easter half-term break to reschedule delivery.
- Our upcoming Matchday Festivals have been postponed alongside Northampton Saints’ fixtures, until these matches have been rescheduled. Club organisers have now been emailed with full details.
- Our Easter rugby camps have been postponed in line with RFU guidance. Please check your emails for further information, but all bookings will remain valid for the rescheduled dates, with details and information to follow in due course.
- Our Summer rugby camps (including our Stowe residential) are currently unaffected and are scheduled to take place as planned.
- Please note that all player appearances in the Community have also been suspended until further notice.
The Community Team are still available to contact as usual by emailing [email protected] or by leaving a voicemail at 01604 599162. We will endeavour to respond to your message as soon as possible.
Please continue to check @SaintsComm on Twitter for more updates.
If you are worried about Coronavirus, please seek the latest official guidance from the NHS website by CLICKING HERE.