Launched in 2020, Northampton Saints’ Club Affiliation Initiative aims to build stronger links within grassroots rugby clubs across the East Midlands and Eastern Counties, and ultimately to establish a network of clubs which will be supported in their development to make rugby more accessible for all.
The Community team at cinch Stadium at Franklin's Gardens will work alongside a ‘Saints Ambassador’ at each club to:
- Identify areas of opportunity to collaborate and support the club’s development.
- Establish and strengthen each club’s links with local schools.
- Create development opportunities for grassroots coaches and volunteers.
- Create opportunities for clubs to reward their volunteers and members.
- Share best practice across all affiliated rugby clubs to develop marketing, sponsorship and facility functions.
- Provide advice and support when needed.
Saints will also be donating two Season Tickets to each club involved to be gifted to volunteers or members.
Affiliate status will be open to new clubs each season, with the aim of expanding the scheme to branch out into Northamptonshire's surrounding counties in the future, welcoming more and more clubs to join.
If you would like more information on the Club Affiliation Initiative or would like to register your club's interest in joining the programme, please email [email protected].