If you believe you are a player or teach/coach a player who has high potential, please contact [email protected].
PLAYER DEVELOPMENT GROUPS (PDGs)
- The Player Development Groups (PDGs) identify and develop players in the U16s and U15s age group.
- The aim of the PDG is to develop the players’ skills, with an aim of consistently being the most skilful academy in the country.
- Training is based in two centres – Olney (East Midlands) and Colchester (Eastern Counties).
- Additional off-field support includes strength & conditioning, education around nutrition, and physiotherapy.
JUNIOR SAINTS ACADEMY
- The Junior Saints Academy identifies and develops players in the U17s and U18s age groups, who show the potential to progress into professional rugby.
- The aim of the Junior Academy is to further develop the players’ skills, while also beginning to develop their tactical understanding with a view towards competing in Premiership Rugby’s U18 Academy League.
- Training is based within one centre at Bedford Athletic.
- Additional off-field support includes strength & conditioning, nutritional advice, physiotherapy and further education around lifestyle and wellbeing.
- The Junior Academy also provides advice for school leavers on their next steps and opportunities within rugby.
SAINTS SENIOR ACADEMY
- The Saints Senior Academy is the final step in the development of players who have the potential to progress into the senior playing squad.
- Saints Senior Academy train on a full-time basis alongside Northampton’s first-team squad and coaches.
- It is compulsory for Academy prospects to have a dual career plan – all players are encouraged to take on additional University courses or apprenticeships, and will have the opportunity to plan for the future and prepare for life after rugby with Saints University.
- These players will compete at an appropriate level, ranging from the Northampton Saints 1st XV down to National League rugby.
(click diagram to expand)