Become an official Northampton Saints Partner School for the 2021/22 season!
By partnering with Saints, you can receive:
- Coaching sessions for students
- Staff development opportunities
- Northampton Saints player appearances at your school
- Free and discounted tickets to Northampton Saints home fixtures
- Reward days at cinch Stadium at Franklin’s Gardens
- Options available for all schools, ages and abilities.
For more information on any of our schools programmes, please email [email protected] for more details.
PREMIERSHIP RUGBY CHAMPIONS
Champions are built, not born, and this starts at primary school.
Using the power of rugby to inspire the current generation to learn, we want pupils to be active and discover their inner champion to help grow their self-esteem, raise their aspirations and achieve their potential.
Broken into three key areas – Tackling Character, Tackling Health and Tackling Numeracy – the Premiership Rugby Champions programme is a differentiated, engaging and interactive framework which provides both theory and practical sessions.
Delivered at your school, sessions run over five weeks with schools receiving two hours a week (per class) split into a one-hour theory classroom session, and a one-hour practical session.
All sessions are delivered by qualified Northampton Saints Community coaching staff. Timings are flexible based on the school’s timetable and lesson structures.
- Include five hours of TAG Rugby practical sessions and five hours of classroom theory sessions.
- Are aimed at Key Stage 2 classes (Years 3-6) and if your school is single form entry, we can work across two year groups or joined year groups (for example year 3-4 and year 5-6 classes.
- Follow weekly progressive, differentiated learning objectives.
Covering rugby’s five core values of teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship, Tackling Character aims to develop positive character traits through exciting classroom and practical activities.
During the programme, pupils will discuss and develop their knowledge and understanding of the core values and how they are used applied in real life situations.
Using rugby as a focus, Tackling Heath aims to not only improve understanding of what constitutes healthy eating and a healthy diet in young people, but also aims to teach students about their own health and wellbeing.
The interactive programme provides practical sessions highlighting the importance of exercise and increasing levels of physical activity. The programme promotes motivation and enjoyment within physical activity.
Using engaging rugby-themed numeracy content, this programme makes learning fun and exciting.
Covering and improving upon core skills from all areas of numeracy (number, shape space and measure, using and applying and data handling), the programme will prepare young people for their future by using themed content that connects with a variety of experiences.
The programme offers learners the chance to use and embed their numeracy skills within practical and real-life contexts.