Career opportunity in Saints community department
Northampton Saints is seeking a social inclusion officer to work within the club’s community department and alongside the HITZ officer.
NORTHAMPTON SAINTS AND ALWAYS A CHANCE
SOCIAL INCLUSION OFFICER
• To develop - in conjunction with the Northampton Saints HITZ Officer, Always A Chance, Education Provider - a suitable social inclusion rugby and educational programme for Northampton Saints
• To organise, set up, lead and co-ordinate rugby sessions at identified venues, arranging competitions and other events as appropriate. All activities should be appropriate to the needs of the target audience and be line with the HITZ strategic aims
• To be responsible for high quality delivery of community and social inclusion sessions as agreed in the programme
• To keep accurate monitoring records for all sessions and contribute to the gathering and analysis of evaluation information for activities and individuals within those activites
• To work in partnership with a dedicated training provider to provide young people with access to functional skills and foundation learning courses
• To work with Safer Neighbourhoods teams, youth groups, schools and other local agencies to encourage links between them to recruit and support ongoing participation and achievement by young people
• To identify and direct young people onto relevant education, training, volunteering opportunities and onto work placements and apprenticeships
• To liaise with local funding agencies to ensure growth and sustainability of the programme
• To maximize the exposure of Always A Chance as a charity and assist with the development of the charity alongside the social inclusion work
• To maximise opportunities to raise awareness amongst the target audiences and the surrounding areas of rugby activities and encourage their participation
• To produce update reports for the HITZ Officer and funding agencies and related partners as required.
• To identify and follow up potential opportunities to develop activities in line with the strategic development of the HITZ programme
• Minimum Level 2 Rugby Football Union coaching award
• Current Criminal Records Bureau Check
• Experience of coaching within a range of environments
• Good understanding of the sports networks and the strategy
• Detailed knowledge of current coaching and training processes and how to adapt and target participants according to ability
• A passion for sport and an understanding of wider issues related to sport, health and education
• An enthusiastic and committed individual who will ‘go the extra mile’ to deliver results
• Good organisation and time management skills
• Excellent communication and motivation skills
• Valid driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• An ability to inspire others
• Other NGB Level 1/Level 2 qualifications
• Sporting background
• Experience coaching with a range of age groups, demographics and abilities
• Experience of working in an educational setting with knowledge of assessment and monitoring and evaluation
• Experience of working with a wide variety of partners and stakeholders; including sports clubs and national governing bodies
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your CV, along with covering letter, to [email protected], or post to:
Northampton Saints RFC
Closing Date – 19th June.
Successful applicants will be contacted for interview within two weeks of the closing date.
Please note this a fixed term contract for two years.