After finally welcoming supporters back through our gates last weekend, Northampton Saints take on Exeter Chiefs this weekend for their final home match of the 2020/21 season.
Another 4,000 people are expected on Sunday 6 June (kick-off: 3pm) for what is shaping up to be another blistering day of rugby in the sunshine at Franklin’s Gardens.
However there will be a number of key differences to what you are used to on a matchday at Franklin’s Gardens, which are explained in this video...
Before you leave home, there are FOUR important things you must remember to bring with you.
1. MATCH TICKET
Either printed on A4 paper or viewable on your smartphone. This will be available on your account 24 hours before the fixture. Click here for a step-by-step guide of how to download your ticket(s).
2. COVID-SAFE CONFIRMATION
All attendees will be emailed their Covid-Safe Confirmation Form 24hrs before the match, and must be prepared to show a confirmation email either printed out or on your smartphone – even if you have already had one or both jabs of a Covid-19 vaccine.
3. PHOTO ID
To comply with the Government’s Test & Trace laws, your ID must match the name on your ticket/COVID-safe confirmation email.
4. FACE COVERING
This must be worn at all times while inside the stadium, unless you are seated and drinking/eating.
Ahead of the match, please make sure you have familiarised yourself with our updated Code of Conduct – any supporters found to be breaching this may face serious sanctions such as fines or bans from future matches held at Franklin’s Gardens.
- Car Parking (in Car Park D) will be available for £5 on the day via contactless payment upon arrival. Car parking tickets are not available to purchase in advance. Car Park D opens at 1pm, with the stadium opening its gates at 1.30pm.
- Specific entrance gates have been indicated on your ticket depending on which block your seat is in. Please aim for the right gate and we will have Wayfinders dotted around the outside of the ground to help direct you if you are not sure on where to go.
- Spectators must not come to Franklin’s Gardens if they are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms, however mild, and/or are required to self isolate. Supporters will be refused entry to the ground should they display any COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you feel ill after arriving, please return home immediately if you are able – or contact your nearest steward, and you will then be directed to our medical team.
- If travelling to the game using public transport, please consider carefully your health and social distancing beforehand, and be sure to wear a face covering throughout your journey.
AROUND THE GROUND
- The Ticket Office will be open from 12pm on matchday, however no tickets for the match will be on sale. Those that have not printed their tickets at home, or are not able to show their barcode on a mobile phone, will be able to have their matchday ticket printed at the Ticket Office for a £5 fee.
- The Saints Store is open from 12pm on matchday until kick-off. Once you have entered the ground, you will not be able to access the Store, so be sure to do all your shopping when you arrive. However our merchandise trailer will also be open in the Supporter Village from 1.30pm until the end of half-time.
- A selection of bars and food stalls will be open within the ground, including the Real Ale bar and a brand-new Warner's Gin bar. All food and drink stalls will close at the end of half-time.
- All payments will be contactless only, and under current restrictions all food and drink must be taken straight back to your ticketed seat to be consumed, rather than in the bar areas or the Supporter Village.
- Supporters will be able to use their vouchers from ticket refunds around the ground at both food and drink stalls and within the Saints Store. Please present your vouchers to a member of staff at the point of ordering in order to use.
- There will be no designated smoking area in operation at Franklin’s Gardens, to prevent people congregating in any area of the ground. No smoking whatsoever will be permitted on matchday.
- Supporters are advised to bring sun protection for the match, particularly those sat in the Carlsberg Stand.
- Supporters will not be able to sit in their usual seats for this match, only the seat that is indicated on your ticket. Given the need to manage the stadium to ensure social distancing, ticket purchasers were automatically allocated a seat, and this may mean that you are sitting in a very different section of the ground to your regular seat.
- You will not be permitted to change seats at any time, to ensure social distancing is maintained between supporters.
- When accessing your seat, it may be necessary to move past other spectators in your row. In this case please face away from the other spectator as you pass.
- Please remain in your seat at all times whenever possible. Supporters will not be able to stand pitchside to watch the warm-ups or match.
- Bars and food stalls will remain open around the ground at half-time, but all food and drink must be taken straight back to your seat to be consumed.
- Please remain in your seat whenever possible. Supporters will not be permitted to move around the stadium at half-time to see family/friends, and are encouraged to remain seated to enjoy the half-time entertainment.
- During the interval, we’re delighted to be welcoming back soprano Emily Haig to serenade the Gardens, which you can enjoy from your matchday seat.
- Spectators must remain in their seats until the end of the game, and may be asked to wait in their seats following the final whistle to ensure that social distancing is adhered to while other blocks are released.
- Northampton Saints’ players will complete a lap of honour on the pitch after the match – supporters must stay in their seats to applaud the team, and not move to ground level/pitchside.
- The Club will be hosting an End of Season Presentation on the pitch approximately 20 minutes after the match, where players who have hit appearance milestones this year will be presented with their caps, and departing players will be recognised for their efforts during their time at the Club.
- Supporters are invited to watch the presentation from their matchday seat, or can depart the stadium, but you cannot watch the presentation from pitchside. Please note all bars and food stalls will be closed at this time, so you will not be able to leave the stadium bowl to get a drink and then return to your seat.
- To protect the wellbeing of our players and staff, and ensure correct social distancing protocols are observed, there will be no photograph (selfie) or autograph opportunities with Northampton Saints players after the final whistle.