Northampton Saints will bring down the curtain on a blockbuster first day of action at this year’s Premiership Rugby 7s, with the fixtures for the competition announced today.
The hosts play local rivals and reigning champions Wasps in the final game of the evening on Friday 27 July, to round off day one of the annual season-opening tournament in style at Franklin’s Gardens.
Saints also take on Gloucester Rugby in Friday’s pool stages, running out against the West Country outfit – two-time winners of the Premiership Rugby 7s – in the fourth game of the night.
For a full list of the fixtures please CLICK HERE.
Premiership new-boys Bristol Bears and Sale Sharks open up the evening’s festivities at 5.30pm, and from there four-and-a-half hours of explosive rugby is in store.
Two former champions in Newcastle Falcons and Saracens lock horns in the third match at 6.15pm, while other highlights include Exeter Chiefs v Bath Rugby (8.53pm) and Saracens v Leicester Tigers (9.15pm).
The Premiership Rugby 7s offers the chance to see the next generation of rugby stars go toe-to-toe; with talented youngsters from all 12 clubs mixing it with seasoned campaigners ahead of the new season in a fiesta of free-flowing rugby.
After the pools are completed on Friday evening, Saturday’s matches will start at 2.30pm and see the top eight ranked teams contest the Cup quarter-finals.
Meanwhile the remaining four sides will head into the Plate semi-finals as they bid to lift some early-season silverware before the tournament concludes at 6.45pm.
Tickets are available now for the Premiership Rugby 7s on July 27 and 28, don’t delay as Early Bird prices end on June 30. CLICK HERE to book your place.
2018 Premiership Rugby 7s Fixtures (Friday):
17:30 – Bristol Bears v Sale Sharks
17:53 – Bath Rugby v Worcester Warriors
18:15 – Saracens v Newcastle
18:38 – Northampton Saints v Gloucester Rugby
19:00 – Harlequins v Bristol Bears
19:23 – Exeter Chiefs v Worcester Warriors
19:45 – Newcastle v Leicester Tigers
20:08 – Wasps v Gloucester Rugby
20:30 – Harlequins v Sale Sharks
20:53 – Exeter Chiefs v Bath Rugby
21:15 – Saracens v Leicester Tigers
21:38 – Northampton Saints v Wasps
About the 2018 Premiership Rugby 7s at Franklin’s Gardens:
- Chosen as the venue for the first ‘Olympic-style’ version of the tournament last season, Franklin’s Gardens will be the backdrop of the tournament for the next two years.
- Rugby isn’t the only attraction over the weekend with the Gardens becoming a hub of activity, opening its gates from 4.30pm on Friday, and 12.30pm on the Saturday.
- On the Friday night you can enjoy a party atmosphere with live music and Bandaoke all alongside the start of an exciting two days of rugby.
- A family feeling takes over on Saturday, with a bouncy castle and face painting to be found in the Supporter Village, while a Crabbie’s touch tournament provides the fun on the back pitches. Fancy dress is not only welcomed, but encouraged – with prizes up for grabs for the most outrageous outfits.
- Club Season Ticket Holders can also enjoy special discounted day tickets, with Family Tickets (two adults + two juniors) also on sale.
- Other options include a private box for 12 people for just £300. If you’re looking for larger numbers call the Saints sales team on 01604 599118.
CLICK HERE to book your place before Early Bird prices end on July 30.