Northampton Saints centre Rory Hutchinson has been selected for Scotland’s Test match in Georgia on Saturday – his first start at international level.
Gregor Townsend’s side will take on the Lelos at the Dinamo Arena, Tbilisi (kick-off 5pm BST), with the Scotland head coach then naming his 31-man squad for the 2019 Rugby World Cup the following Tuesday – giving 23-year-old Hutchinson one final chance to impress.
“There were improvements in our back-to-back games against France, in particular in defence, game management and at scrum, as well some elements of our attack,” said Townsend.
“All of these will be put to the test against a very good Georgian side who we expect to be extremely motivated by their passionate home support.
“We’re expecting a very physical and confrontational encounter, which will be a great test for our squad. In order to rise to this challenge, we must take the game to our hosts right from the start, playing with relentless effort and accuracy.”
Scotland team to play Georgia
15. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh) - 13 caps
14. Darcy Graham (Edinburgh) - 5 caps
13. Rory Hutchinson (Northampton Saints) - 2 caps
12. Sam Johnson (Glasgow Warriors) - 4 caps
11. Sean Maitland (Saracens) - 41 caps
10. Finn Russell (Racing 92) - 44 caps
9. Greig Laidlaw (Clermont Auvergne) 72 caps
1. Allan Dell (London Irish) - 23 caps
2. Stuart McInally (Edinburgh) - 28 caps
3. Willem Nel (Edinburgh) - 30 caps
4. Ben Toolis (Edinburgh) - 19 caps
5. Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh) - 35 caps
6. John Barclay (Edinburgh) - 73 caps
7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh) - 26 caps
8. Matt Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) - 4 caps
16. Grant Stewart (Glasgow Warriors) - 1 cap
17. Jamie Bhatti (Edinburgh) - 14 caps
18. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) - 20 caps
19. Scott Cummings (Glasgow Warriors) - 2 caps
20. Josh Strauss (Blue Bulls) - 23 caps
21. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) - 25 caps
22. Adam Hastings (Glasgow Warriors) - 12 caps
23. Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors) - 22 caps