This is a senior role reporting directly to the Northampton Saints Financial Director (FD). It is expected that the role will expand and evolve over time and the successful applicant will have the potential to take on the FD roll upon the incumbent’s retirement.
The Financial Controller is responsible for the following areas:
- Working closely with the Finance Director to ensure that the Finance Department produce accurate and timely reporting information
- Working with the Finance Director to identify that controls/systems required in the business for accurate reporting are designed and implemented and maintained across the business
- Manage the production of timely month end results
- Aid in compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports , budgets and forecasts per main board requirements
- Attend the management team meetings and present on the financial KPI’s
- Responsibility for current Finance Department (currently 3) reporting to the Finance Director
- Ensure the company has proper financial books and records to safeguard the assets and maintain adequate financial controls
- Ensuring that all roles within the accounts team are fully documented and covered within the resources available
- Treasury Management in line with company requirements
- Oversee the preparation of VAT returns and other reporting returns
The Successful applicant will have:
- Formal accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Experience in a management role
- Experience in controls establishment / reviews
- A high level of self-motivation and be a progressive individual
- A high level of communication skills
- Good commercial awareness and understanding
- Excellent IT and systems skills
Applicants for this position should send a CV and covering letter including current remuneration details to Richard Deane, Financial Director, Northampton Saints, Franklin’s Gardens, Weedon Road, Northampton, NN5 5BG or alternatively e-mail [email protected]
ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (Academy and Medical Departments)
This new role will provide a wide range of administration support to the Saints’ Academy coaches and medical team.
The Administration Assistant will provide general secretarial duties, database management and recording, managing insurance claims, arranging medical appointments for injured players, ordering and management of consumable supplies and stock control records, etc.
The successful candidate must have:
- Excellent organisational, time management and communications skills
- The ability to work both under guidance and on their own initiative
- Excellent IT skills, with the ability introduce and develop simple but efficient administration systems in a fast moving, results driven environment
This job is full-time, Monday to Friday, but could suit someone seeking a six-hour working day. Given the nature of the sports industry, applicants also need to be prepared to be able to work outside normal working hours if required.
Applicants for this position should send a CV and cover letter (including current remuneration details) to: Sue Hewitt, PA to Chief Executive, Northampton Saints, Franklin’s Gardens, Weedon Road, Northampton, NN5 5BG. Email applications can be sent to [email protected]