Designed to identify the talents of budding rugby writers up and down the country, the LV= Young Reporter competition invites children under the age of 16 to submit a 400 word review of any LV= Cup pool fixture on www.lv.com/rugby by 5pm on the Thursday after the pool stage.
One winner will be selected per round, before the shortlist of four is narrowed down to one overall winner by a panel including representatives from the Rugby Football Union, Premiership Rugby, Welsh Rugby Union and LV=.
This season sees a bumper prize package awarded to the winner. In addition to interviewing LV= Ambassador Lewis Moody for the big screen, and receiving four VIP tickets to the LV= Cup Final, the lucky winner will also receive these great additional experiences:
- A day on the Daily Telegraph sports desk in London before the LV= Cup Final
- Attend a midweek Premiership preview press conference with Sportsbeat
- Attend the post-match press conference and write a match report of the game which will be published on rfu.com, lv.com and premiershiprugby.com
- Opportunity to sit in the match day press centre with a Sportsbeat journalist
- Opportunity to interview a member of the LV= Cup winning team at the 2014/15 Final, subject to availability
- Write a preview of the LV=Cup Final published on rfu.com, lv.com and premiershiprugby.com
- LV= goodie bag (to include a Dictaphone, LV=branded rugby ball, pens, stationery, hat)
The runners up will also receive four tickets each to the LV= Cup Final and a LV= goodie bag.
Leicester Tigers supporter Jasper Reid won last year's competition after his report on Tigers' game vs. Ospreys caught the attention of the panel for its accurate portrayal of the action. He succeeded Gloucester supporter Sam Durham, who won the competition in its inaugural year.
To enter your match report, log onto www.lv.com/rugby to submit your 400 word (maximum) report. The winner and runners up will be informed by Friday, February 20th, after Round 4.
Terms & Conditions apply.