With thousands of supporters registering their interest for the Club’s Open Day on Thursday afternoon, Northampton Saints are excited to welcome everyone through our doors for a behind-the-scenes look around cinch Stadium at Franklin’s Gardens!
Saints fans will have the chance to take a look behind the curtain, meet the playing squad and coaches, as well as taking part in a host of unique and exciting activities around the stadium.
Ahead of the event, here’s a quick round up of what to expect:
- The Open Day will run between 1pm and 4pm.
- You do not need a ticket or proof of registration to attend the event – supporters can turn up on the day for free. Prior registrations using the sign-up form on the Club’s website have allowed us to staff the event accordingly.
- The Club requests that those that did sign up to attend stick to their original stated time of entry, as over 2,000 supporters are expected to attend. Peak time is expected to be 1pm to 2.30pm.
- Free, unreserved parking is available in Car Park D (Edgar Mobbs Way, NN5 5JT). Blue badge holders can head to VIP car park entrance (NN5 5BG).
- If arriving on foot, please approach the ground via Abbey Street entrance.
- Upon entering the Gardens, you will be issued with a map which will show all of the areas within the stadium you can visit, and what is happening in each area.
- There are a host of unique and exciting activities happening around the stadium for supporters to take part in alongside Saints’ players – including tours of the changing rooms, autograph stations, photos with the Club’s trophies, a crossbar challenge, a fitness test in the gym, an analysis session with the coaches, conducting TV-style interviews with Saints players on camera, testing out the stadium’s PA system, and plenty more.
- Please note, in order to enter the new High Performance Centre, supporters must be wearing clean trainers or clean rugby boots with rounded studs (no blades). Any other footwear (e.g high heels) will prevent access to the playing surface.
- Food and drink will be available to purchase within the Supporter Village – please note however that we are a cashless venue.
- The weather forecast is currently changeable, so please wrap up warm and bring waterproofs in case required.
- All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Don’t forget to bring cameras for selfies with the players and pens to collect autographs!
- The stadium pitch is closed for the event; at no stage are any supporters to walk on the playing surface, or you may be asked to leave the Open Day.
- The event will end at 4pm, so please allow plenty of time to visit all activities as there may be queues at some stations.