The purpose of the post is to provide support as directed and assist with the integration of strength and conditioning support into the overall rugby programme. The successful applicant will gain invaluable experience and expertise within a leading professional rugby club.
The role will involve:
• Working closely and contributing to a team of physiotherapists and Strength and Conditioning coaches
• Providing input into programming and delivery of strength and conditioning support to professional and academy players
• Collecting, analysing and presenting wellness data to the performance team
• Liaising with the Performance Director, performance coaches and medics on a broad range of day-to-day duties
Desirable requirements but not mandatory:
• A minimum 2:1 qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in sports science / or related area
• A sound understanding of the physiological demands of the professional rugby player
• Basic understanding of GPS and interpretation of data
• Prior strength and conditioning experience with individuals or teams
• Strong independent and interdependent skills
• A high standard of organisational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and intrapersonal skills
• Knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office, including Excel
The role is a full-time one-year position. The post will include weekend and evening duties on a regular basis.
There is no salary with this position. Additional benefits will include provision of food during work hours, work attire and accommodation if required.
Applicants must submit a CV and covering letter to the address below before FRIDAY, MAY 18TH, 2012.
Nick Johnston (Performance Director)
Northampton Saints RFC
Closing date for applications is on FRIDAY, MAY 18TH, 2012.
Note that only successful applicants will be notified of the interview date.