The Saints Summer Touch Rugby League has gone from strength to strength over the past few years and is now part of the fun and fitness calendar for many local clubs, businesses and organisations alike!
How does the Saints Summer Touch Rugby League work?
The first two weeks of the tournament will be grading/seeding sessions, which give a fantastic opportunity to gain an understanding of the rules, regulations and game play under the guidance of Saints staff.
Based on performances during the seeding weeks (and in previous years), teams are placed into leagues depending on their ability. So don't worry you will always play teams of similar ability as yourself!
All games will be played between 6:30pm and 9pm every Monday night between May 28th and July 9th, with the semi-finals and finals taking place on Saturday, July 14th.
All teams will then compete in a league round robin to battle it out a place in the top four for the semi-finals and finals day.
What is Touch Rugby?
- A minimal contact sport
- Fun, friendly and safe way to enjoy the summer with your mates and a great way to meet new people
- Played by both men and women aged 16 and over
- Open to all skill levels
- The game emphasizes running, agility and ball handling skills such as passing and catching
- You play on a pitch half the size of a normal rugby field
- Teams consist of 6 players on the pitch at any one time with rolling substitutes
- The aim is to get more touch downs (tries) than the opposition
- This game is for everyone, social or serious, corporate or casual, amateur or professional
- Touch Rugby is easy to learn and a great way to get or keep in shape
Squad size is unlimited, although it is recommended that they contain between 8-12 players. The league is open to all skill levels and both men and women aged 16 or over. Only six players from each team can be on the field at one time.
The cost to enter a team is £300, with an initial £150 non-refundable deposit needed to guarantee your place in the league before April 30th.
However you will receive a £50 discount if your team has played in the tournament before.
How do I get started?
To enter a team, all you need to do is email Rowland Winter at [email protected] with the following details:
- A team name
- A main contact name
- A contact email and telephone number
- Arrange a payment plan (how you proposed to pay the deposit).
Please send your £150 non-refundable deposit to:
Touch Rugby 2012
All cheques should be made out to 'NRFC', and please include a contact name or team name with the deposit.
For any more information on the league, do no hesitate to contact Rowland at [email protected]