- Stadium opens 1pm, kick-off 3pm
- Cobblers kick-off at 2pm at Sixfields, so please leave plenty of time to get to the stadium!
- Guitarist Scott Walters and soprano Emily Haig will be serenading supporters throughout matchday
- Please be aware cinch Stadium at Franklin’s Gardens is now a 100% cashless stadium
- cinch Stadium at Franklin’s Gardens is also now a NO SMOKING stadium
- You will not be able to cross in front of the tunnel around KO and FT, please take an alternative route!
- Drop your EcoCup in one of the marked bins to make a donation to the Saints Foundation
Northampton Saints take to cinch Stadium at Franklin’s Gardens this weekend to kick-off the Gallagher Premiership season as they welcome Gloucester Rugby.
Fixtures between Saints and the Cherry & Whites have been keenly contested in recent years, with each side winning three of the last six league meetings between the two Clubs, but Northampton will be desperate to kick-off the season in style in front of a packed-out stadium.
ACCESSING YOUR DIGITAL SEASON TICKET
Season Ticket Holders who have registered on the new Saints App can now enter the ground using a digital ticket, providing an alternate way to enter the stadium if you have your phone handy at the turnstiles or don't have your card.
To view some screenshots that demonstrate how to access your unique QR code ticket via the Fanza Sport app please CLICK HERE. Simply show the QR code shown within the app at the turnstiles to be scanned in.
If you have yet to register for the app, you can do so by following these steps:
Ensure your personal information on your ticketing account is up-to-date and correct
Download the ‘Fanza Sport’ app on your mobile device, and choose Northampton Saints when prompted to ‘select your team’
Log in using your Membership ID found on the back of your card and your regular ticketing password, If you have forgotten your password or having trouble logging in please email [email protected] and we can reset your password.
On the app, click the button at the bottom of the screen that says payment, this will then take you through the steps to set up your Barclays pingit for clubs account.
Once you have followed this registration process you will then see the below screen, here you can view your pin. You will need to use this pin for your first transaction as with all bank cards your first transaction needs to be a chip and pin one, regardless of the value.
RETURNING TO THE STADIUM
We can’t wait to welcome you all back into the stadium on Saturday! But there are a few things you’ll need to be aware of before you arrive back at the cinch Stadium at Franklin's Gardens....
1. COBBLERS AT HOME
As Saints embark on their first league match of the season, our neighbours at Northampton Town FC are also welcoming supporters back through their gates for their home tie with Swindon Town.
Cobblers kick-off at the earlier time of 2pm but please make sure you leave plenty of time to make it into the stadium ahead of kick-off as there will likely be some congestion on the roads close to the stadium and around Sixfields.
2. COVID GUIDANCE
While we’re very excited to have a roaring crowd inside the stadium again, we must ask all supporters to continue to help keep everyone within the stadium safe.
All attendees are strongly encouraged to both wear a face covering at all times while inside the stadium, and complete a negative lateral flow test before arriving at the ground on matchday – even if you have already had one or both jabs of a Covid-19 vaccine. Please note, there is no legal obligation to wear a face covering or provide a negative lateral flow test before entering the stadium, so the Club are reliant on supporter discretion within the ground.
If you are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms and/or are required to self-isolate, please DO NOT travel to cinch Stadium at Franklin’s Gardens. And if you feel unwell after arriving at the stadium, please return home immediately if you are able, or contact your nearest steward and you will then be directed to our medical team.
3. MATCH TICKETS
This Saturday’s clash with Gloucester is included in your 2021/22 Season Ticket package, Season Ticket Holders can present their new Season Ticket cards at the turnstiles and head to their usual seats.
Tickets are still on sale from £34 adults / £10 child* – if you haven’t already secured yours, CLICK HERE to purchase now. Please note, ticket prices will rise by £3 per ticket on matchday.
Please note, all match tickets are e-tickets for this fixture – we are, unfortunately, unable to post physical tickets at present. Your match ticket can either be printed on A4 paper or viewable on your smartphone. Click here for a step-by-step guide of how to download your ticket(s).
4. NEW PAYMENT CARDS
You will be able to use your new payment-enabled Season Ticket or Membership card at the bars and food outlets around the stadium, as well as within the Ticket Office and Saints Store.
Be sure to activate your card for payments before arriving at the stadium, and you will need to complete a chip-and-pin purchase before using your new card for contactless payments. Your pin can be found within the payment area of the Fanza Sport app.
Please note, it can take up to 30 days for any Saints Rewards points earned either at cinch Stadium at Franklin’s Gardens, or elsewhere, to appear on you account.
If you have any problems activating your new card, please email [email protected] and a member of our team will help you.
Please be aware that, due to a shortage of matchday staff – an issue which is significantly impacting sporting venues nationwide as a knock-on effect of the pandemic – we are operating with fewer numbers than we would prefer.
We believe this is a short-term issue, and the Club and our catering partner Levy/Compass is leaving no stone unturned to rectify this. But whilst we fully appreciate that long queues and slower service in our bars and Village is very frustrating, please remain patient with our staff.
- The Ticket Office windows will be open from 9am on matchday until approximately 5.30pm. Those that have not printed their tickets at home, or are not able to show their barcode on a mobile phone, will be able to have their matchday ticket printed at the Ticket Office for a £2.50 fee. Click here for a step-by-step guide of how to download and print your ticket(s).
- The Saints Store is open from 10am on matchday until approximately 5.30pm. Once you have entered the ground, you will not be able to access the Store, so be sure to do all your shopping when you arrive. Our merchandise trailer will also be open just outside the Supporter Village from 1pm until half an hour after the full-time whistle.
- Please note that crossing in front of the tunnel will not be possible shortly before kick-off, because a small Red Zone area is in force between the pitch and tunnel. You may be asked to wait at any time when players are coming on and off the pitch (e.g during the warm-ups). To avoid disappointment please ensure you’re in your seat early, or alternatively, please wait for this area to clear before attempting to get to your seat.
- We’re delighted to welcome soprano Emily Haig back to the ground ahead of the match on Saturday. Emily will be treating us to a tune after the teams have finished warming up, and will be back again to serenade us during the half-time break.
- You’ll also be able to catch a glimpse of the stars of the future in our pre-match Matchday Festival out on the training pitches; on Saturday we welcome teams of Under-8s from across the region to Northampton from 12pm.
- Car Parking (in Claret Car Park, NN5 5JT) will be available for £7.50 on the day via contactless payment upon arrival. Car parking tickets are not available to purchase in advance. Car Parks open at 12.30pm, with the stadium opening its gates at 1pm.
- Please also be aware that there will be no movement in the VIP Car Park from ten minutes before the full-time whistle for approximately 25 minutes. As usual, traffic management will be in place in Car Park D, Claret Car Park and on Edgar Mobbs Way.
- After the Car Parks close at 9pm on Saturday night, there will be no access to any vehicle left in the Car Parks until Monday morning.
- Given that cinch Stadium at Franklin’s Gardens sits in a residential area of the town, Saints strongly urge all supporters to use the Club’s car parks. Should they choose not to do so, supporters must park with due care and respect for the needs of local residents and businesses.
AROUND THE GROUND
- Pre-match, the Club politely requests that supporters refrain from standing at the side of the pitch to watch the warm-up to prevent congestion and to reduce any risk of transmission – please watch the warm-up from your seat.
- We’re delighted to welcome live solo-guitarist Scott Walters to the Supporter Village before the match on Saturday; Scott will begin his set from 2pm so head along to be treated to some tunes before the action on the pitch gets underway.
- A wide selection of bars and food stalls will be open within the Village and stadium throughout matchday, including the Real Ale bar in the Supporter Village. Please be aware that cinch Stadium at Franklin’s Gardens is now a cashless stadium, all bars and food outlets will now only be able to accept card payments.
- Supporters will be able to use their vouchers from ticket refunds around the ground at both food and drink stalls and within the Saints Store. Please present your vouchers to a member of staff at the point of ordering to use.
- Don’t forget, you can drop your EcoCup in one of the Northampton Saints Foundation’s branded bins around the ground – the Foundation will receive a donation for every cup deposited, with funds raised supporting life-changing programmes for children across the county. To see where you can donate your cups, please CLICK HERE.
- There is no longer a designated smoking area in operation at cinch Stadium at Franklin’s Gardens. No smoking whatsoever will be permitted on matchday.
- Stick in your seat after the half-time whistle to enjoy some more music from operatic soprano Emily Haig, who will be back during the interval.
- Bars and food stalls will remain open around the ground at half-time, but please try to take food and drink back to your seat to be consumed if possible.
- After what we hope is an enjoyable afternoon of rugby, you will be able to exit the stadium as normal. But please note that crossing in front of the tunnel will not be possible directly after the full-time whistle, because a small Red Zone area is in force. You may be asked to wait at any time when players are coming on and off the pitch.
- You will be able to exit the stadium via Gate 4 (between the Church’s and Barwell Stands) or alternatively, please wait for this area to clear before attempting to exit the stadium this way.
- Both the main Saints Store and Village Store will remain open until approximately 5.30pm, so you can grab a bargain on your way out!
- There will be a staggered bar closure around the stadium, ending in the Rodber Bar at approximately 6pm.
- Please be aware that under current guidance from Premiership Rugby, players from both Northampton Saints and visiting teams are not permitted to stop pitchside for autographs or selfies. So, for the time being, we politely discourage supporters from approaching the players at Franklin’s Gardens.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION HUB
- New for the 2021/22 season our Diversity & Inclusion Hub launched in the Supporter Village last week and this Saturday you can pop along to the Marquee to hear about all the Community programmes on offer through the Club as part of Vascular Awareness month. Players from Saints Wheelchair Rugby team will also be in the Hub before the game, so come along to meet them and see how you can get involved!
- The Inclusion Hub is also the place to obtain information around many of our inclusive community programmes, such as Wheelchair Rugby, as well as find out how eligible disabled supporters can apply for a free match ticket as part of the Victor Harris Ticket Pool.
- In the coming weeks we will also be launching our Online Hub, but in the meantime for any further information around Inclusion at Northampton Saints, please email [email protected].