Northampton Saints have today launched an auction of unique and exciting prizes to raise money for former Saint Rob Horne.
This coming Saturday, Saints welcome East Midlands rivals Leicester Tigers to Twickenham in aid of Horne. Rob will be honoured in round six of the Gallagher Premiership at the home of English rugby, after tragically being forced into early retirement during Saints’ away fixture against Tigers last season.
The Australian international centre suffered a brachial plexus avulsion, leaving him with paralysis and chronic pain in his right arm, so Saints will host this match to raise funds for his ongoing rehabilitation.
The Derby – where Saints and Tigers go toe-to-toe for the East Midlands bragging rights – is a match packed full of history and drama, and will be the perfect setting to give a true Saintsman in Rob Horne a fitting send off.
One of several ways in which Saints are raising money will be a week-long* silent auction, with all proceeds going directly to Rob.
A host of amazing prizes have kindly been donated by the Club, the RPA, some of Rob’s friends in Australia, and Saints players themselves – with these in particular being ‘money can’t buy’ experiences.
Ranging from a three-course dinner for eight with England duo Dylan Hartley and James Haskell, a painting by Lewis Ludlam and a group training session with nine Saints players, there are also plenty of non-rugby prizes to bid for too.
- "A Night with the Islanders" where four people spend a night with Ahsee Tuala, Nafi Tuitavake, Api Ratuniyarawa and Ken Pisi having a traditional Island dinner
- Scrum Clinic with Saints' scrum coach Matt Ferguson and the front row club
- Tandem skydive with the Red Devils
- Custom-made coffee table by Tom Wood and Alex Waller
- Beer School for five people with Jamal Ford-Robinson at the Beer Guerilla in Northampton
- Signed international jerseys from England and Australia
- A clinic for coaches from Saints director of rugby Chris Boyd and his team
- All 23 Saints matchday shirts from the Derby at Twickenham, signed by the player who wore it during the game
To view a full list of lots and to place your bid, simply follow the instructions at www.robhornederby.co.uk.
*Bids will be accepted up until 6pm on Saturday 6 October, following the final whistle of Saints' clash with Leicester Tigers.