Northampton Saints’ Easter rugby camps are currently expected to go ahead as scheduled following the government’s update earlier this week.
The roadmap for the gradual and safe return of outdoor sport has become clearer and so places still remain on sale for those wishing to attend between March 29 and April 9.
With formally-organised outdoor sport set to begin again on March 29 in schools and grassroots clubs, Saints will continue working hard with the RFU to ensure that all seven of the planned Easter Community camps align with current RFU regulations on the ‘Return To Play’ roadmap, as well as national government social distancing and prevention policies.
The seven different camps are available to book now for the Under-6 to Under-16 age groups, running at Northampton Casuals RFC, St Ives RFC, Brackley RFC and Long Buckby RFC as well as Franklin’s Gardens.
Vouchers for Saints Community rugby camps are also available from the Saints Store and could provide a perfect Easter gift for your rugby-loving friend or relative!
Saints Community team successfully delivered several rugby camps under RFU ‘Return to Play’ Stage B during the summer of 2020 and all camp-bookers will still benefit from the Club’s Covid-guarantee – if any camp is cancelled or postponed for any reason, bookers will be given the option to transfer their camp to another date, claim a voucher of equivalent value or a full refund.
Unfortunately, the planned Evening Masterclasses that were due to take place on 6 and 24 March have had to be postponed. All masterclass bookers should have received email confirmation of this directly from Northampton Saints’ community department – if you have not heard from us, please email [email protected].
Northampton Saints Easter Camps – COVID-19 Practices
- HYGIENE – Regular hand washing and sanitisation of equipment.
- PPE – Northampton Saints facemasks for staff and players.
- RUGBY – Safe and appropriate content designed in line with government and RFU guidelines to challenge and develop individuals.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING – Adapted camp procedures to ensure social distancing throughout the day.
- RFU REGULATIONS – All delivery adheres to RFU regulation 15 and the COVID-19 Return to Rugby Roadmap.
- STAFF – Fully trained and qualified staff.
- FIRST AID – Treatment and PPE procedures in place for any first aid incidents.
- TRACK AND TRACE – Questionnaires, temperature checks and a Track and Trace process to help monitor COVID tracing.
- DROP OFF / PICK UP – Goodbye to paperwork and queuing. Drop off and pick up will be managed to ensure no mixing between parents and players of other groups.