- Stadium opens 5.30pm, kick-off 7.30pm
- Real Ale bar returns to the Supporter Village
- Unfortunately the South Stand concourse is not open for this match due to staff shortages
- Please be aware Franklin's Gardens is now a cashless stadium
- You will not be able to cross in front of the tunnel around KO and FT, please take an alternative route!
- Drop your EcoCup in one of the marked bins to make a donation to the Saints Foundation
- Come and see our all-new Inclusion Hub in the Village
Northampton Saints prepare to take on Ospreys this weekend in the second of two preseason friendlies for Chris Boyd’s side ahead of the new campaign.
The first match of the 2021/22 season on home soil also marks the long-awaited return of close-to-capacity crowds to Franklin’s Gardens. A bumper attendance is expected on Friday 10 September (kick-off: 7.30pm) for what is shaping up to be an exciting hit-out before the Gallagher Premiership season gets underway.
RETURNING TO THE STADIUM
We can’t wait to welcome you all back into the stadium on Friday night! But there are a few things you’ll need to be aware of before you arrive back at the Gardens....
1. COVID GUIDANCE
While we’re very excited to have a roaring crowd inside the stadium again, we must ask all supporters to continue to help keep everyone at Franklin’s Gardens safe.
All attendees are strongly encouraged to both wear a face covering at all times while inside the stadium, and complete a negative lateral flow test before arriving at the ground on matchday – even if you have already had one or both jabs of a Covid-19 vaccine.
If you are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms and/or are required to self-isolate, please DO NOT travel to Franklin's Gardens. And if you feel unwell after arriving at the stadium, please return home immediately if you are able, or contact your nearest steward and you will then be directed to our medical team.
2. MATCH TICKETS
This Friday’s clash with Ospreys is included in your 2021/22 Season Ticket package, all Season Ticket Holders need to do is present your new Season Ticket card at the turnstiles and head to your usual seat.
Tickets are still on sale from £15 adults / £5 juniors* – if you haven't already secured yours, CLICK HERE to purchase now. Please note, ticket prices will rise by £3 per ticket on a matchday.
This game is included in the all-new annual Saints Membership (available for £20 adults / £10 juniors), which are on sale HERE. Already a Saints Member? You can claim your FREE ticket to Friday’s game by logging into your online ticketing account HERE.
Please note, all match tickets are e-tickets for this fixture – we are, unfortunately, unable to post physical tickets at present. Your match ticket can either be printed on A4 paper or viewable on your smartphone. Click here for a step-by-step guide of how to download your ticket(s).
3. NEW PAYMENT CARDS
You will be able to use your new payment-enabled Season Ticket or Membership card at the bars and food outlets around the stadium, as well as within the Ticket Office and Saints Store.
Be sure to activate your card for payments before arriving at the stadium, and you will need to complete a chip-and-pin purchase before using your new card for contactless payments. Your pin can be found within the payment area of the Fanza Sport app.
If you have any problems activating your new card, please email [email protected] and a member of our team will help you.
- The Ticket Office will be open from 12pm on matchday until half an hour after the full time whistle. Those that have not printed their tickets at home, or are not able to show their barcode on a mobile phone, will be able to have their matchday ticket printed at the Ticket Office for a £2.50 fee. Click here for a step-by-step guide of how to download and print your ticket(s).
- The Saints Store is open from 12pm on matchday until kick-off. Once you have entered the ground, you will not be able to access the Store, so be sure to do all your shopping when you arrive. However our merchandise trailer will also be open in the Supporter Village from 5.30pm until half an hour after the full time whistle.
- Please note that crossing in front of the tunnel will not be possible shortly before kick-off, because a small Red Zone area is in force between the pitch and tunnel, so you will not be able to access your seat this way at that time. Therefore, make sure you're in your seat early, or alternatively, please wait for this area to clear before attempting to get to your seat.
- Car Parking (in Claret Car Park, NN5 5JT) will be available for £7.50 on the day via contactless payment upon arrival. Car parking tickets are not available to purchase in advance. Car Park D opens at 5pm, with the stadium opening its gates at 5.30pm.
- Please also be aware that there will be no movement in the VIP Car Park from ten minutes before the full-time whistle for 25 minutes. As usual, traffic management will be in place in Car Park D, Claret Car Park and on Edgar Mobbs Way.
- After the Car Parks close at 11pm on Friday night, there will be no access to any vehicle left in the Car Parks until Monday morning.
- Given that Franklin’s Gardens sits in a residential area of the town, Saints strongly urge all supporters to use the Club’s car parks. Should they choose not to do so, supporters must park with due care and respect for the needs of local residents and businesses.
AROUND THE GROUND
- A wide selection of bars and food stalls will be open within the Village and stadium throughout matchday, including the Real Ale bar in the Supporter Village. Please be aware that Franklin's Gardens is now a cashless stadium, all bars and food outlets will now only be able to accept card payments.
- Unfortunately, the South Stand Concourse bars will not be open for this match due to a staff shortage; so if you're a regular user of the Concourse, be sure to grab all your food and drink in the Supporter Village before you head up into the stadium – toilets on the Concourse will be open as usual.
- Supporters will be able to use their vouchers from ticket refunds around the ground at both food and drink stalls and within the Saints Store. Please present your vouchers to a member of staff at the point of ordering to use.
- Don’t forget, you can drop your EcoCup in one of the Northampton Saints Foundation’s branded bins around the ground – the Foundation will receive a donation for every cup deposited, with funds raised supporting life-changing programmes for children across the county. To see where you can donate your cups, please CLICK HERE.
- There will be no designated smoking area in operation at Franklin’s Gardens, to prevent people congregating in any area of the ground. No smoking whatsoever will be permitted on matchday.
- Bars and food stalls will remain open around the ground at half-time, but please try to take food and drink back to your seat to be consumed if possible.
- Please remain in your seat as much as possible.
- After what we hope is an enjoyable evening of rugby, you will be able to exit the stadium as normal. But please note that crossing in front of the tunnel will not be possible directly after the full-time whistle, because a small Red Zone area is in force between the pitch and tunnel.
- You will be able to exit the stadium via Gate 4 (between the Church’s and Barwell Stands) or alternatively, please wait for this area to clear before attempting to exit the stadium this way.
- Both the main Saints Store and Village Store will remain open for 30 minutes after the final whistle, so you can grab a bargain on your way out!
- There will be a staggered bar closure around the stadium, ending in the Rodber Bar at approximately 10.15pm.
- To protect the wellbeing of our players and staff, and ensure correct social distancing protocols are observed, there will be no photograph (selfie) or autograph opportunities with Northampton Saints players after the final whistle.
ALL-NEW INCLUSION HUB
- New for the 2021/22 season we have our Inclusion Hub launching this Friday night. Pop along to the Marquee in the Supporter Village and meet members of our Community team to find out what the Inclusion Hub has in store for the season ahead.
- Alongside our Community team for this game, we will be joined by representatives of the Northampton Health Trusts IAPT mental health team, who will be on hand to offer details of where you can access advice and support around Suicide Awareness Month.
- The Inclusion Hub is also the place to obtain information around many of our inclusive community programmes, such as Wheelchair Rugby, as well as find out how eligible disabled supporters can apply for a free match ticket as part of the Victor Harris Ticket Pool.
- In the coming weeks we will also be launching our Online Hub, but in the meantime for any further information around Inclusion at Northampton Saints, please email [email protected].
* All ticket prices are subject to a £1.50 booking fee.