Role: Hitz Project Officer
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 (Dependant on experience)
Reports to: Hitz Project Manager (based at Premiership Rugby); Northampton Saints Head of Community
Closing date: Friday 9th March 2012
Interview date: Wk Beginning 19th March 2012
How to apply: Send a CV and covering letter detailing relevant experience and why you are suitable for the job to: [email protected] detailing the position you are applying for in the subject header
Originally launched in London, the Hitz project is now being rolled out throughout all 12 Premiership Rugby clubs. Northampton Saints is one of the first two chosen to implement and develop the regional version of a project which was recently short-listed for the prestigious Community Programme of the Year at the Sport Industry Awards.
The club already has a well-renowned and award-winning community programme which has gone from strength to strength during the past decade. The programme has been developed both to further rugby development in junior clubs and schools and increase the awareness and profile of Northampton Saints among the county's broader population.
The Saints community team currently has six full-time members of staff and a network of over 50 qualified seasonal staff and valued volunteers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and inspiring team player who has a proven ability to plan, deliver and evaluate high quality rugby activities. You will combine your passion for rugby and sport with strong organisational, communication and administrative skills. As well as being a strong rugby coach, you will also have the ability to engage positively and build relationships with challenging young people. You will also be expected to be able to communicate with a wide range of strategic partners.
The position will be based in Northampton, but due to the nature of the job some evening and weekend work will be required. Applicants must hold a full and valid driving license and have access to a suitable vehicle.
- To develop, in conjunction with the Project Manager (based at Premiership Rugby) and Northampton Saints Head of Community, a suitable social inclusion rugby programme for Northampton
- To organise, set up, lead and coordinate rugby sessions at identified venues, coordinating competitions and other events as appropriate. All activities should be appropriate to the needs of the target audience and be line with the Hitz strategic aims
- To be responsible for high quality delivery of community and social inclusion sessions as agreed in the programme
- To keep accurate monitoring records for all sessions and contribute to the gathering and analysis of evaluation information for activities
- To work in partnership with safer neighbourhood teams, youth groups, schools and other local agencies to encourage links between them to recruit and support ongoing participation and achievement by young people
- To identify and direct young people onto relevant training and volunteering opportunities
- To liaise with local funding agencies to ensure growth and sustainability of the programme
- To maximise opportunities to raise awareness amongst the target audiences/boroughs of rugby activities and encourage their participation
- To oversee any appropriate budgets ensuring spend is within budget and raising any overspend issues with the project manager at an early stage
- To produce update reports for Project Manager and funding agencies and related partners as required
- To identify and follow up potential opportunities to develop activities in line with the strategic development of the Hitz programme
- Minimum Level 2 Rugby Football Union coaching award
- Current Criminal Records Bureau Check
- Experience of coaching within a range of environments
- Good understanding of the sports networks and the strategy
- Detailed knowledge of current coaching and training processes and how to adapt and target participants according to ability
- A passion for sport and an understanding of wider issues related to sport, health and education
- An enthusiastic and committed individual who will 'go the extra mile' to deliver results
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication and motivation skills
- Valid driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- An ability to inspire others
- Other NGB Level 1/Level 2 qualifications
- Degree qualified -strong academic record
- Sporting Background
- Experience coaching with a range of age groups, demographics and abilities
- Experience of working with a wide variety of partners and stakeholders; including sports clubs and national governing bodies