Starting on June 22nd, all games will take place between 6:30pm and 9pm, continuing every Monday evening until the last group games and finals on Monday 27th July.
What is Touch Rugby?
- A minimal contact sport
- Fun, friendly and safe way to enjoy the summer with your mates and a great way to meet new people
- Played by both men and women aged 16 and over
- Open to all skill levels
- The game emphasizes running, agility and ball handling skills such as passing and catching
- You play on a pitch half the size of a normal rugby field
- Teams consist of six players on the pitch at any one time with rolling substitutes
- The aim is to get more tries than the opposition
- This game is for everyone, social or serious, corporate or casual, amateur or professional
- Touch Rugby is easy to learn and a great way to get or keep in shape
How does the summer league work?
The first week of the tournament will be grading/seeding games, which gives a fantastic opportunity to gain an understanding of the rules, regulations and gameplay under the guidance of Saints staff.
Following a week of grading, all teams will compete in a league round robin and battle it out for a place at the finals day. Based on performances during the seeding weeks (and previous years), teams are placed into leagues depending on their ability. So don’t worry, you will always play teams of similar ability as yourself!
Squad size is unlimited, although it is recommended that they contain between eight and twelve players. The league is open to all skill levels and both men and women aged 16 or over. Only six players from each team can be on the field at one time.
The cost to enter a team is £150, with an initial £75 non-refundable deposit required to guarantee your place in the league before June 12th.
How do i get started?
To enter a team, all you need to do is email Matt Goode - [email protected] - with the following details:
- A team name
- A main contact name
- A contact email and telephone number
- Arrange a payment plan
Please send any deposits to: Matt Goode, Touch Rugby 2015, Community Department, Northampton Saints, Franklins Gardens, Weedon Road, Northampton, NN5 5BG. All cheques should be made out to ‘NRFC’, and please include a contact name or team name with the deposit.
For any more information on the league, do not hesitate to contact Matt at [email protected]